Employee Benefits: Essential But Unruly
Employers and employees both know the critical role the workplace plays in offering a better quality of life through a robust employee benefits package.
What employees may not know, however, is how to capitalize on benefit offerings, or how to select the right benefit options for themselves or their families. And employers may no know how to properly analyze claims made on benefit plans, how to interpret data to adjust their benefits offerings to deliver more of what employees want, or when to develop wellness programs to prevent excessive medical expenses for conditions caused, in part, by unhealthy lifestyles.
To help workers better grasp and employ benefits knowledge beyond orientation and yearly renewal periods, employers need an online collection of benefits and wellness materials that serves as a real-time solution generator for employee benefits questions.
Data collected and housed in a central online program will allow employers to refine popular offerings, pinpoint underutilized benefits and analyze employee insurance claims-all of which adds value to your benefit package.
Besides data storage and sorting functions, employers need a central hub for educational materials that explain the complex world of health insurance to their employees, alleviating the burden of providing in-depth personal instruction.
Providing a benefits suite can bolster your company’s bottom line in two critical ways: by acting as a magnet for attracting and retaining top talent, and by keeping your employees and their dependents healthy and free from expensive claims.
Sophisticated benefits analysis tools give workers a chance to research various benefits options and discuss their elections for the coming year with their families.
To recoup the costs of offering benefits and to achieve gains in productivity, morale, and talent acquisition and retention, it is critical to highlight the value of your company’s benefit package. Having a proper platform in place to disseminate information is crucial. An ideal platform should include support in the form of:
- Notifications that send out alerts prior to important benefits deadlines
- Multiple education resources that explain differences between health plan options, medical savings accounts and retirement information, customized to the needs and ages of a diverse workforce
- A plan selector tool that uses personalized lifestyle data to help employees decides what benefit options are best
- A tracking calendar that enables users to stay informed about important deadlines pertaining to medical savings accounts
- Comprehensive plan information for health insurance companies or network providers
- A direct line of communication with the HR Department
To read more tips on how to maximize your employee benefits, click here.
If you are interested in learning how Alltrust can help maximize employee benefits for your staff, contact us today!